“I enjoy the musculoskeletal aspect of medicine, alongside family medicine – It is a constant learning environment both from patients and new healthcare developments.”
Dr. Jessica Huerta, D.O., M.S., is a family medicine and sports medicine physician with extensive experience in orthopedics, primary care, musculoskeletal conditions, and sports and work-related injuries. She is an active member of several medical associations, including the American Osteopathic Association, the Texas Medical Association and the American Academy of Family Practice, and brings comprehensive healthcare knowledge to each patient.
“Healthcare has always been part of my life, thanks to my parents. My dad works in orthopedic device and implant sales while my mom was an orthopedic operating room nurse for many years. They encouraged my natural interest in science and medicine through medical discussions and visits to orthopedic wet labs as a teenager, where I could learn the latest techniques alongside surgeons. The more exposure I received, the more I wanted to pursue medicine. I was blessed with great mentors while completing college and then medical school. I enjoy being a physician because of my patients and the constant learning involved – These factors motivate me and help me to achieve my ultimate goal of helping each patient feel better.”
Dr. Huerta received her Masters degree in Medical Sciences and completed medical school at the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas. Upon graduation, she completed her residency in family medicine at Methodist Charlton Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Huerta went on to complete a fellowship in Sports Medicine at Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pennsylvania before returning to Texas, where she has been actively practicing since. With the knowledge that each patient is different, Dr. Huerta strives to inform and educate her patients so they can confidently understand their diagnosis and treatment options.
Some of the sports treatments that she performs includes:
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Dry needling
- Steroid injections
- Trigger point injections
- Ultrasound guided injections and diagnostic evaluation
- Prolotherapy and biologic injections
With expertise ranging from injections, physical therapy, osteopathic manipulation, and workers’ compensation / non-subscriber to primary care and family medicine, Dr. Huerta enjoys spending time with patients and listening to them to offer support, encouragement and innovative care designed for optimal healing and restoration. As an integrated care provider, Dr. Huerta is driven by a passion for medicine and a desire to help her patients get better, faster.
About Dr. Huerta
- Received Masters degree in Medical Sciences and graduated from medical school at the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas
- Finished residency in family medicine at Methodist Charlton Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, where she served as Chief Resident
- Completed fellowship in sports medicine at Millcreek Community Hospital in Erie, Pennsylvania
- Member of the American Osteopathic Association, the Texas Medical Association and the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine
- Dr. Huerta enjoys quilting, crocheting, reading and being active with her husband and son through swimming, biking and going for walks