- Stem cell treatment takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself
- Stem cells have anti-inflammatory properties, similar to cortisone and steroid shots
- While cortisone and other drugs only provide temporary pain relief, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief
For many patients with arthritis of the knee, treatment options are limited: steroid injections, joint replacement surgery (and replacement alternatives), physical therapy, etc. At Lumin OrthoCARE, cutting-edge treatment options like stem cell injections may be used to successfully treat patients with arthritis of the knee, Achilles tendonitis, rotator cuff tendonitis, and degenerative arthritis.
How does amniotic stem cell therapy work?
Stem cell treatment takes advantage of the body’s ability to repair itself. With amniotic stem cell therapy, your physician injects stem cells from amniotic tissues into your body. Similar to cortisone and steroid shots, the stem cells have anti-inflammatory properties. However, stem cell therapy goes far beyond the benefits of traditional “injection therapy.”
While cortisone and other drugs provide only temporary relief from pain, stem cells actually restore degenerated tissue while providing pain relief. The growth factors in amniotic stem cells may replace damaged cells in your body. Additionally, stem cell injections contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates joints and tendons, easing the pain and helping restore mobility.
What benefits does amniotic stem cell therapy offer?
Stem cell therapy is very safe and effective. Here are more benefits this treatment offers:
- There are no steroids. Instead, the injections rely on naturally occurring anti-inflammatory agents, such as cytokines.
- They contain hyaluronic acid, which lubricates cartilage and promotes new cartilage growth.
- The growth factors stimulate tissue growth.
- There is no threat of patient rejection.
- Amniotic fluid is a highly concentrated source of stem cells, which makes this type of stem cell injection preferable over embryonic stem cells and the patient’s own stem cells (from fat or bone marrow).
Are stem cell injections safe?
Yes. More than 10,000 injections have been performed without a single reported adverse side effect.
- Amniotic stem cell therapy is a preferred type of stem cell therapy because the cells come from an immunoprivileged site, meaning that patient-rejection is extremely rare.
- The use of amniotic stem cells is well researched, safe, and effective. Ophthalmologists and plastic surgeons have used Amniotic stem cells for nearly 20 years.
- All amniotic stem cell donors go through a rigorous screening process, as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB).
Am I a candidate for stem cell therapy?
Patients suffering form any kind of joint, tendon, or ligament pain may be considered as candidates for amniotic stem cell therapy at Lumin OrthoCARE. Patients with severe degenerative osteoarthritis may not be eligible for stem cell therapy.