Dr. Afaq Kazi, M.D., is a Board-certified pain management physician with extensive research and practical experience. He is fellowship-trained in interventional spine and is also an active member of the American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. As a pain management expert, Dr. Kazi takes immense pride in providing compassionate and innovative care that can often decrease the need for complicated surgeries.
“Every pain patient is different and each requires a comprehensive approach for optimal care.”
Dr. Kazi graduated from medical school at Liaquat Medical University of Health Sciences in Jamshoro, Pakistan before completing an internship at ULCA Medical Center in Torrance, California. After finishing his residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Washington University’s School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, Dr. Kazi completed a fellowship in interventional spine at Los Angeles’s Cedar-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders. Dr. Kazi worked as a highly sought-after pain management physician in California for many years before relocating to the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and joining the Lumin Health family.
“I have always been motivated to help people, especially those who are suffering. The majority of illnesses and other conditions involve pain in some form – As I worked toward becoming a physician, I knew that I wanted to provide pain relief. These patients require a comprehensive approach to treatment because there are physical, psychological and even social factors that are all unique components of pain. Each patient is different, so it is imperative to listen to the patient to understand how their pain is affecting them and to provide optimal care.”
His comprehensive approach to patient care often involves a combination of treatments designed with each patient and their unique pain in mind. Dr. Kazi is Board-certified by the American Board of Pain Management and the American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and enjoys maintaining an active presence within the local medical community.
About Dr. Kazi
- Graduated from medical school at Liaquat Medical University of Health Sciences in Jamshoro, Pakistan
- Completed internship at UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, California
- Finished residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at Washington University’s School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
- Completed fellowship in interventional spine at the Cedar-Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders in Los Angeles, CA
- Board-certified in Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Enjoys spending time with his two children, walking and watching sports such as basketball, football and cricket during his free time